INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIPS FOR INDIGENOUS YOUTH PROGRAM #IIIY
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Northern Council for Global Cooperation (NCGC), in partnership with the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC), BYTE Empowering Youth, Genuine Progress Index (GPI Atlantic), the Native Council of PEI (NCPEI) and Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq (CMM) are offering internships in 6 countries: Cambodia, Costa Rica, Guyana, Nepal and Myanmar. Over 5 years, these organizations will support 100 Indigenous Youth in engaging in community development both internationally and at home. By providing internships that give opportunities to gain transferable skills, learn about key development issues at home and abroad, and explore education and career pathways in the field of international development, interns will be better positioned to engage as active global citizens. This program will also strive to build confidence and experience in public engagement, and to build networks in the international development sector and intern's own communities that will allow them to put their skills and passion to work for positive change!
The internship program is funded by Global Affairs Canada as part of the International Aboriginal Youth Internships (IAYI) Initiative.
To be eligible for the International Internships for Indigenous Youth Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- be an Indigenous person in Canada (Federally recognized as either status or non-status First Nations, Inuit, or Métis)
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of hiring
- have not previously participated in an internship within the Global Affairs IYIP initiative (formerly CIDA and DFATD)
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- not be a university graduate—graduate of a degree program from a university
- Indigenous youth with a CEGEP or technical college diploma are eligible to apply!
Year 1 - Applications now closed.
SIGN-UP TO RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT FUTURE RECRUITMENT DATES
- Pre-departure training mid-September 2018 (2 weeks)
- Internships begin October 2018 (16 weeks)
- Interns return January 2019
- Re-orientation training begins January 2019 (1 weeks)
PROGRAM PRIVATE SPONSORS
Thank you Air North, Canadian North and Klondike Travel for supporting year 1 of the IIIY Program!
For more information contact: Dylan Letendre, IIIY Program Manager, Halifax: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittney Potvin, IIIY Program Coordinator, Whitehorse: email@example.com